Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

tempête de pluie

It feels so good to write again.



The overcast skies and the soft rain against the window makes for a perfect background.



Lately everytime it rains I can't help but remember the last scene in "Breakfast at Tiffanys" and have a chorus of Henry Mancini's "Moon River" escape my lips.



Yet another phrase comes to my head as well from Song of Solomon where the bride enquires the guards asking "Have you seen him whom my soul loves?"



My heart can relate oh too well with both women, having my own husband-to-be five states away from me.



You think I would be used to the distance by now since he moved back in June 09, but unfortunately I haven't. Goodbyes are hard I have come to find out. I think we should write a survival book for other couples who have to overcome the distance as well.
Beautiful songs to listen to on rainy days:
1. Possibility- Lykke Li
2. Meadowlarks- Fleet Foxes
3. La vie En Rose- Louis Armstrong
4. Sea of Love- Cat Power
5. You will not relent- David Brymer

No comments: