Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

a new orleans affair

This year was supposed to be my first time going to a Mardi Gras celebration.

I didn't want the nasty just the good.

I am supposed to go tomorrow to Mobile where the "safe" parades occur,
 but I don't know how much of a reality that will be.

There is so much to do.

In case I don't get to go...I still get a taste of the cajun flair tonight at my dear friend Rachel's wedding!

With spicy food and romantic thoughts fresh on my mind,
I give you a new orleans affair....

First a shrimp and grits recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
4 cups water

Salt and pepper
1 cup stone-ground grits
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 slices bacon, chopped
4 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup thinly sliced scallions
1 large clove garlic, minced

1. Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.

2. Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.


3. Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately

And I love this Lady Jane dress from Modcloth

I would have worn this tonight had I known about it:)


Then for the newlyweds home,
 this fluer de lys address stamp found on Etsy.
and to be dramatic...


Unfortunately this fun mask was bought in Venice so there's no online store I can send you to.

Enjoy!
I love being married.

No comments: